"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

From my head to my feet,
 I am the image of God.
From my heart to my hands,
I feel the breath of God.
 
 
When I speak with my mouth,
I follow God's will.
 
 
When I see God everywhere,
In Mother, Father, in all dear people,
In beast and flower, tree and stone,
Then no fear shall I feel.
But love for all that is around me.
 
 
 
~ Rudolf Steiner

1 comment:

  1. Good day Marcy, Lee and family and greetings from Cape Town South Africa.
    I was busy replying to a friend's email when I was inspired to send her Steiner's "From my head to my feet" verse which we used to say with our three children as a bedtime prayer. (They are all adults now with their own lives and families and I am sure that this verse is in their bones :-)). I then thought to google it and I found your Sept 11 2012 posting of it. I was pleased that with a few minor variations it is the same as the one that lives in my head and heart!
    In this digital connective world isn't it amazing how people with common cause find each other across continents and all sorts of divides?
    May and your family be blessed as you live and strive for the good and "in the now".
    My very best wishes and blessings.
    Roger Oxlee nmd@wol.co.za
    "All you need is love" John Lennon

    ReplyDelete

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...