"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Monday, May 14, 2012

A slice of Heaven


Well, it seems posting here has become far and few between........it had been my greatest intention for my life to slow down so I could ease into the coming of our newest little one but alas, life always has plans of its own.

A new adjustment for me has been my change in employment status within the past 2 weeks. I've worked 5-7 days a week for the past year and a half caring for a lovely lady who lived in a retirement home in our neighborhood. Due to her need for more around the clock care it was with great excitement and trepidation that we moved her into the new Camphill Elder Community that has been built in our town. I am no longer her caregiver as those daily assists have been given to the lovely Home Health Aides at the Camphill Community, I am no longer expected to visit with her as often as I had been.........it's deeply saddening but oh so exciting to watch her on her new adventure and to see how she is able to adapt and accept the love and support from her new caregivers. It's a blessing as I now I am able to have the time which was spent going to and fro with her is able to be used in ways that allow me to foster a sense of relaxation, a slower pace, freed up space in my mind, and the ability to "stay" caught up on other things that would normally fall to the way side. As much as I miss her, I am grateful for allowing myself the permission to take back my time and use it in ways that help me to find the slower pace that I feel I've been missing.

Slowly, I am paring down........trying to stay clear of commitments and activities that go against my needs and requests for slowing down or taking time away from my family. I'm deeply in the feeling that our time together as a family of 6 is dwindling with the eventual arrival of our wee angel and that every moment we have to share is so important as our little slice of Heaven will look and feel very different (in only good ways :) ) very soon!

I hope all you Mama's out there had a lovely day full of the most wonderful moments as your families celebrated you and all the love and beauty you bring to their lives xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...