"Let's have a merry journey, and shout about how light is good and dark is not. What we should do is not future ourselves so much. We should now ourselves. "NOW thyself" is more important than "Know thyself." Reason is what tells us to ignore the present and live in the future. So all we do is make plans. We think that somewhere there are going to be green pastures. It's crazy. Heaven is nothing but a grand, monumental instance of future. Listen, now is good. Now is wonderful." ~ Mel Brooks

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekly Gratitude


Welcome to Gratitude! If you feel called to join along please link up in the comments section below with any post that expresses your gratitude and reverence for the "little things" in your life. Share on your blog, spread the word on Facebook or any other social outlet. Let's slow it down and enjoy our moments and remember to be thankful........maybe someone who's feeling low might be inspired to realize the little things in their life that make it all worth while!  

I am grateful for the view from our bedroom window.
I am grateful for little bare feet.

This week, as all weeks do, prove to be full with gifts and moments to be grateful for; play dates, being caught up on the laundry (and having it put away, even!), little voices singing, watching Father and Son clean out the shed laughing and enjoying their time together, potluck with dear friends, and the hope of healing that will find my Mother.



Smile, be kind to others, and love like there's no tomorrow xoxo

1 comment:

  1. About a year ago, I started keeping a gratitude list. I add three things each day for which I am grateful. The only "rule" is that I can never repeat something that's already on the list. Sometimes it's hard to limit myself to only three things and other times, it's a challenge to come up with more than one. That's just the nature of life, but never skipping a day encourages me to take the time to reflect and notice all the blessings in my life.

    ReplyDelete

I very much enjoy connecting with you in this space. If you feel inspired to leave a comment, please do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...